The weather is cooler. The children are all in school. What better way to welcome them home than with the aroma of freshly baked cookies made with “mama love”?
This is a very easy recipe to make and it is also a wonderful way to spend quality time with your children.
So here is my recipe which will make 96 cookies (8 dozen). You can make a dozen cookies or more at a time. I suggest that when you are making the one inch cookie balls freeze them on a tray and then pop them into ziploc baggies to use whenever you want to make cookies!
I hope that you enjoy the recipe!
Mama Love Chocolate Cookies
2 cups + 2 tablespoons flour
¾ cup unsweetened baking cocoa (I use Cadbury Cocoa in the orange tin)
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cup unsalted, butter…softened
2 cups of sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Extra sugar in a small bowl for rolling the cookies in
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy. Add the eggs and the vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the butter & sugar mix to the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Chill in the fridge until the dough is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. With a melon baller or with a small spoon, scoop up a bit of cookie dough enough to roll into one-inch balls. Roll each cookie ball into the extra sugar and then place on a Teflon cookie tray or ideally on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy!!!